To review your client information, visit the
Leased Housing (Section 8) has moved to:
1540 Webster Street, Oakland, CA 94612
Effective August 15, 2016,
the new Section 8 lobby operating hours are:
Oakland Housing Authority
administers Section 8 vouchers that cover part of monthly rent for
privately-owned apartments or homes.
Section 8 vouchers help people with
low incomes rent homes on the private market. People participating in this program:
- Earn 50 percent of area median
income or less as a household to qualify.
- Pay 30 to 40 percent of their
household's monthly income for rent and utilities.
- Rent from any private owner willing
to be a part of the program
- Meet screening criteria and have
acceptable rental and criminal histories.
- Must be citizens or have eligible
immigration status at the time a voucher is issued.
- May qualify to move outside of Oakland.
All Section 8 program participants receive a utility allowance based on the unit type, unit size and ownership of appliances.
Oakland Housing Authority also manages a variety of voucher programs (see list below) designed to provide more housing options for Oakland residents. These programs expand the housing options for elderly, disabled and veteran tenants. For more details on each voucher program, click here.
- Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8)
- Project-Based Voucher Program
- Shelter Plus Care
- Veterans Administration Supportive Housing (VASH)
- Non-Elderly Disabled (NED)
- Moderate Rehabilitation
- Family Reunification
- Foster Youth
OHA makes every effort to provide housing to a diverse community in compliance with local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations. Read the OHA Administrative Plan that details the rules and regulations that govern our operations.